Welcome to the home of JeffK photography

Here you will find info on my photography...new and old. I do mostly nature and things, but also try to catch the right expression on a family member or stranger. At some point I'll be adding some scans of film slides from my high school photo lab days. Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

B&W Wednesday: Log




We had a tree taken down last fall, and in the process of cleaning up, this log was sitting there soaking up the sun. I noticed it was sparkling, from the sap oozing out, and forming little round balls reflecting the sun. I had to stand in just the right spot to see all the little reflections, but I wanted to use this as my photo for B&W Wed, run by Lisa at The Long Road to China. Check out the great BW shots offered up by the wonderful photogs who have shown their work. Some of Lisa's photos are really nice!

the long road

This is as taken, before editing for B&W Wed.


I have to admit that my shot is not that artistic, nor fancy, or worthy of any praise. I just wanted to see how this would fare as a BW shot.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the black and white, it adds more dimension with the dark shadows and the sap almost sparkles

    ReplyDelete