Welcome to the home of JeffK photography

Here you will find info on my photography...new and old. I do mostly nature and things, but also try to catch the right expression on a family member or stranger. At some point I'll be adding some scans of film slides from my high school photo lab days. Hope you enjoy.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dutchess County Fair Connection

We went to the fair (Dutchess County) yesterday. There we got to see all the photos people have submitted for the photo contest. Amy (Artistically Amy) and I each submitted 8 photos in the categories of People, Animals, Flowers, Nature, Birds, Unclassified, DC Fair Connection, and Scenics. I have news to share on the results: Amy received a 1st place, and I received a 2nd place! All of the photos I submitted to the fair are here, in the order of category:

People (My friends granddaughter, from the wedding in New Jersey)


Animals (This rabbit was sitting peacefully while we walked by)


Flowers (From the local library property)


Nature (A tree at the Cary Institute for Ecosystem Studies)


Birds (From the Bronx Zoo)


Unclassified (I was on my deck. I looked up and saw the jet...I just pointed, focused and shot!)


DC Fair Connection (Cows on a farm near me)


Scenics (This was taken from the Walkway, which is an old train bridge crossing the Hudson River)


And there you have it. My second place winner was the Nature shot. Any comments welcome. I will post more photos soon...I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 2nd place ribbon, Dad! You definitely deserved with the nature shot. And we all know your People shot was DEF better than the one that won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely some nice shots. Congratulations on your second place! Did you hang around while the judging was being done so you could learn what the judge was looking for that the other photo did better than you?

    I love fairs, ours is currently going on right now, and I am a bit bummed that I haven't entered anything for the past couple years now.

    ReplyDelete