Welcome to the home of JeffK photography

Here you will find info on my photography...new and old. I do mostly nature and things, but also try to catch the right expression on a family member or stranger. At some point I'll be adding some scans of film slides from my high school photo lab days. Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BW Wednesday and Winter Blues

I imagine many bloggers who knew me last year thought I dropped out of sight. I did sort of. Amy got me to sign up for the February challenge, and I feel the urge to get back into posting again. Winter is starting to get on my nerves, with all the damn ice and snow. Enough already! Living in the Northeast is nice from April thru November (sometimes December, but I do love a white Christmas)! Any other time of the year ... please no snow!!

So, to get back into posting, I thought I would do one of my favorite challenges ... Black and White Wednesday, run by Lisa at The Long Road to China. This woman must have a camera in her hand 23 hours a day. She has some wonderful photos, and great looking children. No wonder she carries the camera around!

This is a gas lamp globe in the breakfast room, which is almost ready to use as a breakfast room. Anyway, I played around with the photo in Photoshop in Win7. Usually I use Gimp in Linux. I also now have a program in Linux that could replace Lightroom. Quite a memory hog though...



Join in the fun here...the long road

Now for some winter fun! Photographic fun that is. Since I hate winter now (at one point in my life I loved it ... skiing, snowmen, etc.,) I can almost enjoy the icicles hanging by my windows, the sound of the plow truck coming down the road, the furnace running non stop. The following photos are of things I don't see that often, depending on the conditions in and out.

I took these recently. Hope you like them....

















No comments:

Post a Comment