Welcome to the home of JeffK photography

Here you will find info on my photography...new and old. I do mostly nature and things, but also try to catch the right expression on a family member or stranger. At some point I'll be adding some scans of film slides from my high school photo lab days. Hope you enjoy.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Macro Friday joy

I've always enjoyed this challenge, run by Laura at Blogging from Bolivia. Check out what others have submitted:


I was trying to find a suitable subject, which in summer would have been a flower or bug, but here in the northeast of the U.S., it is cold and snowy! There are no flowers outside, and all the bugs are either frozen, or just dormant. So on the table in the dining room was a glass ball, about an inch in diameter. The reflection of the door looked nice, so I took several shots. This was the best. I wish I had used the sun for natural lighting. Maybe next time.

2 comments:

  1. You obviously have better light than I do! Great capture of this little glass sphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. I have a hard time taking indoor photos because of my lighting. This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete