Welcome to the home of JeffK photography

Here you will find info on my photography...new and old. I do mostly nature and things, but also try to catch the right expression on a family member or stranger. At some point I'll be adding some scans of film slides from my high school photo lab days. Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's time for....Black and White Wednesday, run by Lisa at The Long Road to China!!!

the long road

I am entering B&W Wednesday with this shot from Lehman College. I took this shot, and had plans for more when a security guard questioned my authority to take pictures on college property. I thought what the hell does he know. But, since I did not know if maybe he was right, I put away the camera.




I have two favorite days for photo uploads, and they are Friday (macro) and Wed (B&W). I would like to try more photo blogs but then I would need to devote more time to photography and Gimp (sometimes I use PSE, and sometimes UFRAW). In any case, I have always loved photography, and in the old days we developed our own pictures with chemicals. We also lost many shots, or whole rolls of 35 mm. Anyone remember film?

Today we can still lose shots with digital, especially when we set the camera wrong, or move while shooting, overexpose, etc. I like to change the settings on my Nikon to see what happens. It is very forgiving in many cases.

2 comments:

  1. Love the shot.. and yes I remember film.. but then I am old, so I am not sure what that is saying about you LOL... I think you should have kept shooting...what a rude security guard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little story about the security guard makes me laugh. I often worry about taking photos of random people or photos of old homes for fear that the same thing might happen. Perhaps you should have asked to take a photo of the security guard! I look forward to seeing your macro friday shot - mine should have just posted.

    ReplyDelete