Welcome to the home of JeffK photography

Here you will find info on my photography...new and old. I do mostly nature and things, but also try to catch the right expression on a family member or stranger. At some point I'll be adding some scans of film slides from my high school photo lab days. Hope you enjoy.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Tear-drop raindrop

My entry for Macro Friday, run by Laura at Blogging from Bolivia. She has wonderful stories and interesting pictures. Check it out.




This was taken after we had some long-needed rain the other day. When the rain stopped I went out to the deck and took this. My grass was turning brown and looking ugly. However, my flowers are looking really nice yet. Of course, I water them. I do NOT water my grass, like my neighbor who runs a sprinkler almost not stop. I also water my upside-down tomato plants. I'll post some pics tomorrow.



As usual I welcome comments, which I don't get enough of. I do appreciate the comments I get, though.

15 comments:

  1. Mr. Kover, I didn't know you had a blog - it's really nice! I love this shot - so vibrant and clear. Are you using an actual macro lens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What a lovely capture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love raindrops! Beautiful Shot!

    ~One Counrty Girl~

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word. GORGEOUS. One of my favorites so far! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors. I love the drop of water!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, how beautiful! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Divine! I just love nature's art. There is such beauty in a little rain drop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is beautiful - I'm careful to walk outside right after a rainstorm because my camera has been known to fog up. I've gotten better about allowing my camera some time to acclimate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all who posted. I enjoy the challenges on the blogs and reading what everyone has to share. I do not own a dedicated 'macro' lens, but my zoom has macro capabilities. However, that being said, I use an overhead projector lens in front of my 18-135. So, at 135mm, the external lens acts like a lens extender that would be placed between the body and the lens. It is not perfect but has enabled us to get some nice 'macro' shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't even used that projector lens in so long! I bet we could rig up some sort of mock Lensbaby using it.

    And yea, this shot is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. JEff:

    This is a great shot! So perfect.. and ya know I love raindrops....Well done friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shot!! I love the reflection in the water droplet and the colors. The composition is very cool, too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! taht is a really neat picture!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. campers for sale in Missouri

    ReplyDelete