Welcome to the home of JeffK photography

Here you will find info on my photography...new and old. I do mostly nature and things, but also try to catch the right expression on a family member or stranger. At some point I'll be adding some scans of film slides from my high school photo lab days. Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Well it's happened. Another week has gone by, but since not posting a photo for BW Wed in 3 weeks ago, I am shamed. If I had my way, I'd be behind the camera every day, and at the PC every night. In any case, here is a nice photo from Harney and Sons Tea in Millerton, NY. I have some good photos from there, without a whole lot of editing. I must have had the camera on Auto, because I find using Manual more challenging. But at the same time, many photos get deleted. I also tend to switch back and forth between RAW and JPG. RAW lets me hold more data for editing. But, are we akin to doing nothing but editing RAW shots? or just be happy with JPG and more of them? RAW photos take longer to save, take up more room on the SD card, and for general work, are a waste of space. So, I would like some feedback here from those who frequent these blog pages, on what they use mostly. I have some really good JPG files, and some good RAW. But at first glance the difference is negligible. For those who care, this shot was a JPG, and un-edited (except for the border, whose idea I stole from Amy (who is very artistic (Artistically Amy)


Anyway, onto the photo for BW Wed, run by Lisa at The Long Road to China

the long road

2 comments:

  1. Nice shot! I love the softness of the b&w. And I like the border! I always like the borders that Amy uses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty.....and I do love that cool border:)

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete