Welcome to the home of JeffK photography

Here you will find info on my photography...new and old. I do mostly nature and things, but also try to catch the right expression on a family member or stranger. At some point I'll be adding some scans of film slides from my high school photo lab days. Hope you enjoy.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Macro Friday July 9


Another Friday is upon us. Time for pretzels and beer, and putting up another photo for Macro Friday! This blog is run by Laura, at Blogging From Bolivia. She has some really great musings and photos. I always love to read what she has been up to.



This shot was taken behind the house, after I was done putting in a new garage door. The rocks looked interesting, but I never planned on using them for a photo shoot. I have bigger plans for them (like around my new Primrose bushes in the front). Phil (my neighbor) says the rocks will hold in the heat and keep the ground from drying out quickly. But, here in the northeast, the heat doesn't need any help...it has been brutal.

6 comments:

  1. Great capture... and glad that you are surviving the current heat wave in your area.... I love your shots!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice detail! You were able to capture the little crevices and cracks of the rocks really nicely!

    Blessings,
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the various textures in this one! Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you said you had boring flowers over here. :) I love macros of unexpecting subjects like rocks. Thanks for the comment on my blog - come back again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool shot! I love seeing all the detail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot, wonderful composition and detail.

    ReplyDelete