Welcome to the home of JeffK photography

Here you will find info on my photography...new and old. I do mostly nature and things, but also try to catch the right expression on a family member or stranger. At some point I'll be adding some scans of film slides from my high school photo lab days. Hope you enjoy.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Apple picking 2010



We went apple picking today at a local farm. There are several farms around here in Dutchess County, New York. One of them, the biggest, charges to park, or admission. Then you pay for the bag, like $10 or $15. The bag can get heavy as you are picking. A lot of people come to this farm...as far as NYC, Jersey, Conn. But the small farm we went to has apple trees, cider, donuts, the usual fare, but there is no admission fee. and a lot less people! Anyway, I'll be making apple breads and cakes. One of the recipes I found at OFA (Old Farmers Almanac). The cake is fantastic, and lasts 2 days tops at my house. I bring one to work for the ladies in the front office. I'm so nice I wanna cry!

Note: please excuse the lower quality photos than the photos many of you expect of me and my Nikon. These photos were taken with an iPhone since my son was using my D80 today at a concert. :-(











5 comments:

  1. Gorgoeus, i phone or not. I love the small farms. I do not mind a small admission fee.. but I do not need a ton of commericalization. Your hsots are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple picking sounds like a real treat but I'm most excited about the pumpkins. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pumpkin photo! At first when I've seen the title of the post and then the frist photo I thought, wait these are not apples, but when I scrolled down I could see more great shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like some amazing apples! My tree didn't do well this year, so I'll have to go to the orchard stand. I love the pumpkins, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to mention - to answer your question, yes, I love the Dyson. And, having the dog, it comes in very handy!

    ReplyDelete