Welcome to the home of JeffK photography

Here you will find info on my photography...new and old. I do mostly nature and things, but also try to catch the right expression on a family member or stranger. At some point I'll be adding some scans of film slides from my high school photo lab days. Hope you enjoy.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Dutchess County Fair 2010

I am late posting these, but better late then never! These are photos from the Dutchess County Fair which was in August. I did not give these much editing time, so they are just SOOC. I sometimes get really good shots SOOC, but other times I edit...colors, contrast, etc. My next post will probably contain more fall shots, and more of my sky shot previews. I have been cleaning up some recent sky photos from a photo shoot about a month ago. The air was perfect! Look at my previous post, last photo of the Mother House at Mt. St. Mary College.








Anyone care to guess what, or who, these are in the photo below? And has anyone seen this kind of art before? I never have until seeing this at the fair.



This was a sand castle display. When I was growing up in Long Island, I was always making sand castles, at Fire Island, Jones Beach, Point Lookout and Long Beach. I really miss the sand and ocean.









If the rain holds off, I want to stop on Tuesday morning at the pond on my road. There has been a Great Blue Heron standing in the pond, posing for a photo! Hopefully I won't scare him off.

3 comments:

  1. Your pics are awesome as usual Jeff.. I have no idea about what art form that was, but I am dying to find out..Waitng with held breath to see the blue heron.. Hope you capture it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I love the water shots, but I think my favorite is the last photo of the little shed. It looks like it's a sauna?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case all of you (well, the two of you) were wondering, the 'art' is watermelon carving, much like pumpkin carving. The master had many watermelons sitting there, all carved and ready for, I guess, display. I can't imagine they would last long once carved. And the last shot is an outhouse. Thanks

    ReplyDelete