Welcome to the home of JeffK photography

Here you will find info on my photography...new and old. I do mostly nature and things, but also try to catch the right expression on a family member or stranger. At some point I'll be adding some scans of film slides from my high school photo lab days. Hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Autumn upon us...



Well, it's that time of year again, at least here in the Northeast, anyway. Fall is making it's way in. We don't have full color yet, but in about 10 days, the colors will be brilliant.

We took a walk yesterday, the air was crisp, a slight breeze, and I shot a few photos to get ready for the autumnal equinox on Thursday.
















See how blue the sky is? This is the way I see it, so my camera should show it as I see it. Not always the case, for me, when I first started using digital. I always got film to show what I saw. Having learned the controls on the D80 lets me capture what I see, and I can always enhance in Gimp or PSE. The following shot was taken at Mt. St. Mary College in Newburgh. The conditions were perfect. (Note: editing is not always desired, nor something we should just 'do'. I try to bring out more details, and sometimes shoot in RAW, which holds a lot more details in higher bit rate (16-bit vs 8-bit). None of these photos are raw, but I alternate.

2 comments:

  1. I love sky photos!! These are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots! Makes me miss autumn (which we don't really have here in Bolivia :) )!

    The sky shot is amazing too - love the vibrant sky!

    ReplyDelete