Welcome to the home of JeffK photography

Here you will find info on my photography...new and old. I do mostly nature and things, but also try to catch the right expression on a family member or stranger. At some point I'll be adding some scans of film slides from my high school photo lab days. Hope you enjoy.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Before and After

I did not have a macro shot today for Macro Friday, but while surfing I found this site (Pixel Perfect) and thought I would play along with the Before and After theme. Actually, I always knew about Pixel Perfect, and I look at the site regularly. I have many before and after photos, experimenting with features and filters in Gimp and PSE. I also play around with Photoscape. Here is a shot I took in New Jersey, and then after editing with software.


Before


After


To accomplish this, I added the Sunkist action from the CoffeeShop Blog, another site I frequent. Then I adjusted the colors and contrast, giving the photo an HDR look. Gimp and Photoshop have filters and actions for this. There are also some HDR programs available. I like the outlook I acheived. Opinions?

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love it! I'm always a fan of B&W's =) My favorite part is that you can see the sun's rays through the clouds. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love he added sun flare. I'm a sucker for those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know next to nothing about playing around in Elements...just the easy ones. This is a great before and after! (I did learn about the sun flare last week, but I rarely take photos that will work!) Thanks for visiting my macro water drops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantatic edit. I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the Sunflare! Great edit!

    ReplyDelete