Welcome to the home of JeffK photography

Here you will find info on my photography...new and old. I do mostly nature and things, but also try to catch the right expression on a family member or stranger. At some point I'll be adding some scans of film slides from my high school photo lab days. Hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

black AND white

the long road


Thanks to all the comments on my Scavenger Hunt at Ramblings and Photos. I worked hard on those shots. But everyone who submitted had wonderful shots themselves. Anyway, I am not much of a writer, so I never really just write and write, but I find myself adding words as I write. Sounds crazy, but I always think that maybe I would like to write a book, however the thought of typing that much scares me. I would not know what to write about. Fiction is easy, but the story line needs to be very long. Here I go again...just mouthing off. Maybe I should write about something funny or having to do with photography. No. Won't work. I should just stop here and show you my photo...




We were at a cousins house for a late lunch early dinner gathering, amongst many apple farms in the Highland area of the Hudson Valley. Lots of farms, apples, peaches, (and yes Ashley, lots of pumpkins!). This item was sitting on a rock wall, next to the barn. It was begging for capture, lighting was good, and all I had was a goofy point and shoot kodak (ugh). My Nikon was in use by my son...again. The shot came out really good though. Tomorrow I will post other shots from the party.

3 comments: